Your Dream Kitchen Awaits You
Granite Countertops in Greenville SC | East Coast Granite & Tile
Few materials demand your attention in the kitchen or bathroom more than granite countertops. They add a refined visual aesthetic as well as improved functionality. If you are considering them for your home, here is what you need to know.
What Exactly is Granite?
Granite is a natural stone formed when molten lava flows onto and into rocks of other types. The resulting amalgamation forms an igneous rock usually composed of feldspar, mica and compressed quartz and similar materials. As it slowly cools, various colors and patterns emerge depending on the exact composition of the substrate. The final product is a stone slightly harder than marble that is highly resistant to chips and scratches.
One small drawback is the highly porous nature of granite which makes it susceptible to staining.
Fortunately, granite countertops can be protected with sealers. Our experts at East Coast Granite & Tile highly recommend the application of a high-quality sealer. It is small price to pay to protect your investment. Our sealer comes with a 25-year warranty against staining so your granite countertops will stay looking as good as new for decades to come.
Why Use Granite?
- Aesthetics – Granite is naturally pleasing to the eye and the myriad of patterns and colors means that no two granite countertops will ever be identical. In fact, granite countertops can complement any choice of kitchen cabinets and fit into any décor.
- Functionality – The stone is very difficult to chip or scratch – it is harder than marble! In addition, it tolerates heat very well and with proper sealing, the stone will never discolor. Finally, the maintenance requirements for granite countertops is quite small compared to other stones. Just keep it clean and it will last, as promised, for decades.
Ready for the kitchen of your dreams?
Follow Us Online
More Reason to Consider Granite Countertops
At the preliminary stage, most homeowners will consider a range of stone countertop options – usually quartz, marble and granite. Granite brings a striking beauty that cannot be replicated by marble or quartz. It is quite durable and highly heat-resistant. Properly sealed, it will last for decades.
The showrooms at East Coast Granite & Tile have thousands of granite colors and patterns to select from. No two are alike and we encourage our clients to browse for as long as they like before making their final selection. Here is a little more info to get you started;
- Hues – From bright white to deep black, granite countertops can provide a vivid backdrop for almost any kitchen from traditional to contemporary. Bathrooms will benefit from more neutral tones like pastel pink or blue. Use our kitchen visualizer and bathroom visualizer to help you select colors for your remodel.
- Patterns -Similarly, the natural forces that act upon the differing rocks that comprise granite, form innumerable patterns – variously described as swirls, veins and flecks. It is truly amazing to see some of the results.
- Matching – Since the variety of granite is so large, great care needs to be taken to keep slabs from the same block together. In fact, they are numbered as they are removed and then bundled together. Our design team will handle this matching process for you once you have chosen a color.
Granite Kitchen Countertops
For their beauty alone, granite kitchen countertops will give you a great deal of satisfaction. But there are other reasons to make this investment in your home.
- Significant durability – The ancient Egyptians used granite in building the pyramids almost 5,000 years ago. If that does not say something about the durability of the material, nothing does.
- Low maintenance – Once the initial sealant is applied, further maintenance consists of wiping up spills with a damp cloth. No special cleansers are needed and even soap is optional.
- Superior hygienic – Granite almost completely eliminates the infiltration of bacteria and germs as there are no grout lines in its installation.
Granite Bathroom Countertops
The kitchen is not the only room in the house where granite can bring beauty and functionality. Granite bathroom countertops can completely transform a space. Just the simple inclusion of granite vanity tops will add a touch of elegance in any room from a pool house shower room to the master bathroom. In addition, curved edges can be incorporated to add some visual interest but also to keep exposed bodies safe from harm.
Understand our process - Over the last decade, East Coast Granite & Tile has developed a simple but highly effective process for completing a granite countertop installation in just 5-7 business days. Here is a quick overview of how we do it and how we help you through the process:
- Request an estimate – Our design staff is intimately knowledgeable about the intricacies of designing, fabricating and installing a granite countertop. You can fill out our online estimate form, visit us one of our showrooms, or give us a call to discuss your project. We will assign a design specialist to you and you will have one point of contact throughout the entire process.
- Choose a stone – Finding the right stone to suit your needs and taste is as easy as visiting any one of our 20 showroom locations. It is actually the fun part of the process. Just choose the color you like and the edging style that meets your need. Our fabrication team will handle the rest of the details.
- Schedule the template –Templating involves a visit by one of our technicians to your home. He will format a replica of your new granite countertops. This can take up to two hours, but it ensures that the fabricated stone will fit where it is supposed to. This process also allows us to keep our promise of delivering a finished countertop “From Template to Installation in Just 5-7 Business Days.”
- Fabrication – There are several steps in the actual fabrication process – inspection for flaws, template layout, cutting to size, fabricating the edge, polishing the finish and quality assurance. It ensures that everything goes smoothly on installation day.
- Installation – Granite countertop installation takes the right tools, the proper knowledge and a fair degree of experience. The artisans at East Coast Granite & Tile are well qualified in these areas. We will arrive early and stay late if necessary and do anything else needed to get your countertops installed as quickly as possible.
The very first step in starting the process is to fill out our estimate form so that one of our design specialist can contact you within 24 hours to discuss their project. Combined, our staff offers an unparalleled wealth of knowledge and advice for our customers. For over a decade, our family-owned business has proven this to over 25,000 customers in both North and South Carolina.
Why settle for second best? There is simply nothing like a granite countertop to add style and elegance to a kitchen or bathroom. The wide variety of colors, edging and finishes means that a granite countertop can be used to complement any décor. They also bring enhanced functionality to any space.
All our granite countertop installations are guaranteed for one year and our sealer protection carries a 25 year warranty. So, if you are looking for the smoothest and most seamless buying and installation experience, contact us online or visit us in person at East Coast Granite & Tile for a free estimate.