Your Dream Kitchen Awaits You
Quartz Countertops in Greenville SC | East Coast Granite & Tile
Those homeowners searching for a distinctive but relatively affordable countertop product for their kitchen or bathroom should look no further than ones made from quartz. These countertops are quite beautiful with the look and feel of stone, are extremely durable and make for more modestly priced alternative to natural stone products. Here are a few more facts you should also know:
What Exactly is Quartz?
Unlike marble and granite, most quartz is no longer mined in a quarry but is instead engineered and manufactured in a factory. The process begins with raw quartz being crushed. Synthetic binding resins are them added to the crushed quartz along with colorants. Molds are then used to press the quartz into countertop shapes with an ultimate composition of over 90% stone.
Quartz enjoys some advantages over natural stone – in particular, it can be produced in almost any color and it is non-porous. This last fact means that is almost impossible to stain and is impermeable to bacteria and germs making a product that stays hygienic with relative ease.
It is a simple matter of cleaning up spills in a timely manner and wiping down the counter every other day.
Why Use Quartz?
- Aesthetics – As an engineered product, quartz can be molded into almost any shape and colored in any desired hue. It is supremely versatile in these two regards versus both marble and granite. In addition, it is fairly easy to “work” so installation is quick and easy and any unforeseen problems can be readily resolved.
- Functionality – Quartz countertops are extremely hard and scratch resistant. They are completely prefabricated at the factory and thus need no secondary work, such as sealing after installation, is required. In addition, no household substance can stain it and germs simply cannot infiltrate its surface.
Ready for the kitchen of your dreams?
Follow Us Online
More Reason to Consider Quartz Countertops
As an engineered product, quartz countertops have been specifically designed and manufactured to provide maximum utility in the home. Quartz slabs are more pliable than their natural stone cousins and therefore less likely to chip. In addition, the seams between adjoining slabs are extremely thin and provide an almost seamless look to the countertop. Finally, quartz countertops are extremely durable and will last for decades with only a modicum of regular cleaning and maintenance.
Our twenty locations at East Coast Granite & Tile have dozens of quartz slabs available to choose from. You don't have visit every location, however, as we have samples of every type of quartz at every store. Here are a few other things to know about quartz colors:
- Hues – Since the slabs are actually manufactured to specific tolerances in terms of color, they are far more consistent in terms of color than are natural stones. In addition, some quite bright – dazzling! - colors can be produced from a pale Columbia blue to a deep Burgundy red.
- Finishes – You won't find natural looking veins and streaks in a quarts countertop. Instead, you will find all sorts of crafted patterns such as alligator skin and wood grains. Each can be finished to a fine glossy look or left grainy and somewhat dulled. The choices are all yours.
- Matching – No problem at all in this department. Much care must be taken by manufacturers and vendors to maintain the integrity of their marble and granite slabs so that matching can occur. If we run out of particular quartz color, we simply have to order more from the manufacturer. Nothing could be easier.
Quartz Kitchen Countertops
Beautiful and versatile, quartz kitchen countertops make an excellent addition to a kitchen remodeling project. They also offer a few more practical benefits. Here is a quick rundown on them:
- Long-lived durability – It took some time and experimentation, but the chemists who developed engineered quartz have developed a truly long lasting product that will not fade or discolor with age.
- Ease of maintenance – Cleaning is as simple as it gets, just wipe down the counter with a damp cloth or sponge plus a little soap and water.
- Superior hygiene – Quartz almost completely eliminates the infiltration of bacteria and germs as there are no grout lines in its installation. No other maintenance is required as the countertop is hermetically sealed at the factory. Unlike natural stone, no resealing is ever necessary.
- Great flexibility – The resin used in quartz countertops is a remarkable product. It not only creates an incredibly hard surface that resists chipping, but also allows for more flexibility in the quartz slab. The result is larger finished slabs that require fewer installation seams.We recommend using our kitchen visualizer to help with you design the kitchen of your dreams.
Quartz Bathroom Countertops
Quartz countertops are also suited for use in the bathroom. Their impermeability to germs and bacteria make them ideal for use in children's bathrooms where water, dirt and grime are likely to accumulate. In fact, no matter how long a quartz countertop is exposed to harmful bacteria, the creatures can never gain a foothold. Good to know for you and for your children's sake.
To help you design your bathroom, we have a free bathroom visualizer tool for you to use.
For close to a decade, East Coast Granite & Tile has developed a simple but highly effective process for designing and installing quartz countertops in just 5-7 business days. Here is a quick overview of help you understand the process and see how we will proceed:
- Request an estimate – Our in-house staff is intimately familiar with all the “ins and outs' of designing, fabricating and installing a quartz countertop. You can request an estimate online, by stopping by to see us or by giving us a call to ask any questions you may have about your potential project. Our design specialists will take good care of you and walk you through the process.
- Choose a stone – Finding the right color or pattern of quartz is a matter of sifting through the vast array of choices. You can simply page through our catalogues or, for a more visceral experience, you can actually walk through one of our showroom locations to get a better feel – both figuratively and literally – of the countertops.
- Schedule the templating – Regardless of which quartz stone you choose, the process moves on in a fairly similar manner. The first step is to have an East Coast Granite & Tile technician come to your house and create an exact replica of what countertops will be needed. It is a somewhat complicated process, but it allows us to make – and keep! – the promise of “From Template to Installation 5-7 Business Days.”
- Fabrication – Fabrication requires several steps – inspection for flaws, template layout, cutting to size, fabricating the edge, polishing the finish and quality assurance – to ensure that the installation process goes smoothly.
- Installation – Quartz countertop installation requires a fair degree of knowledge, as well experience, and the right equipment. Our installation technicians at East Coast Granite & Tile are well qualified in these areas and have dealt with every type of situation that may come up.
Over the past decade, our family-owned business has installed over 25,000 countertops for our valued customers in both North and South Carolina. We pride ourselves on providing exceptional service. In addition, we guarantee our quartz countertop installations for workmanship for one year and our sealer protection carries a 25 year warranty.